The Maryland Children’s Health Program or MCHP and MCHP Premium provide health insurance coverage to uninsured children and youth under age 19 and pregnant women of any age who meet income requirements.
Both programs offer comprehensive health benefits for children up to age 19, and pregnant women who meet the income guidelines. MCHP and MCHP Premium enrollees obtain their health care from health plans through the Maryland HealthChoice Program. Apply for MCHP online!
What are Some of the Covered Benefits?
- Primary & preventive care visits
- Visits with specialists
- Outpatient visits to a counselor or psychiatrist for mental health services
- Inpatient & outpatient hospital services
- X-ray and lab services
- Emergency Services
- Low-cost or free prescription drug benefits
How Do I Apply?
HealthCare Access Maryland makes it easy for Baltimore City residents to apply for MCHP or MCHP Premium. Applicants can apply for the programs in any of the following ways:
- Call us at 410-649-0512 to obtain an application or download one below. Mail the completed form to:
HealthCare Access Maryland
201 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
- Come into to our offices on the 9th Floor at the above address and apply in person between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm – Monday through Friday.
- You can also apply online through Maryland Sail.
Other Maryland Residents
Other Maryland residents may call the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene at (800) 456-8900 for more information about how to apply for MCHP. TDD: (800) 735-2258
Para mas information acera de como solictar para MCHP otros residentes de Maryland pueden llamar al Departamento de salud e Higiene Mental al (800) 456-8900.
|Learn More About MCHP|
|Solicitud de MCHP|
|Two Steps to MCHP/Dos Pasos a MCHP|
|MCHP Application Documentation Requirements|
|MCHP Application English|