The Medical Assistance for Families Program is Maryland’s newest public health insurance program option. Medical Assistance for Families or MAF offers Maryland families earning up to $25,926 (for a family of four) full health coverage!
Before this landmark bill passed in 2007 a family of four could earn only $6,361 a year to get coverage. Now hardworking families can get the coverage they need.
Who Is Eligible?
Parents and other family members caring for children in their home may be able to get coverage through MAF. See the income chart to find out if you may be eligible.
What are Some of the Covered Benefits?
- Primary & preventive care visits
- Visits with specialists
- Outpatient visits to a counselor or psychiatrist for mental health services
- Inpatient & outpatient hospital services
- X-ray and lab services
- Emergency Services
- Low-cost or free prescription drug benefits
How are Services Provided?
HealthChoice, Maryland’s Managed Care Program provides medical services. HealthChoice is made up of private health plans located throughout the State. Once enrolled families can choose the health plan that best suits their needs.
Do you have More Questions?
- Visit the program website at: http://dhmh.state.md.us/ma4families/
- Call the Medical Assistance Hotline: 1-800-456-8900 or TDD for the Disabled: 1-800-735-2258
- In Baltimore City, call HealthCare Access Maryland at 410-649-0512
How can I apply for Medical Assistance for Families?
Call 410-649-0512 to request an application, come into our offices on Baltimore Street, download an application by using the link to the right, or complete your application online through Maryland Sail.HealthCare Access Maryland
201 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
|Learn More About MAF|
|MAF Application and Instructions|
|Online MAF Form – Fill in and FAX|
|MAF Flyer MAF Espanol|
|Maryland Medical Care Programs Income Guidelines|