Care Coordination Associate
The Care Coordination Program (CCP) is an outreach and short-term care coordination program within HealthCare Access Maryland. The Care Coordination mission, as detailed by Maryland’s Medicaid Managed Care Program known as HealthChoice, is to outreach and provide community-based, client focused services to the following groups: Non-Compliant Medicaid recipients, Pregnant and postpartum women, Newborns and children under age 2, Children and Adults with Special Health Needs, and Family Planning Recipients.
The Care Coordination Associate provides education and reinforcement about Medicaid benefits and system navigation, assistance with addressing barriers to healthcare and linkage to their HealthChoice Managed Care Organization, Primary Care Provider and Specialty care.
- Home and telephone assessments conducted to provide linkage and coordination to primary care, dental care, specialty care, preventive health screenings, lead screenings and immunizations.
- Assessment, triage and referral of pregnant women and infants to Baltimore City Home Visiting Programs for long term case management services.
- Health education provided regarding prenatal care, newborn care, EPSDT guidelines, chronic disease management, preventive health screenings, dental care and mental health services.
- Assistance with the removal of barriers to healthcare including: housing, addiction treatment, domestic violence services, Energy Assistance, emergency funds, Medical Assistance Transportation.
- Educate on access to low-cost/ no-cost health care services in Baltimore City as well as linkage to all of the Maryland Medical Programs (MCHP, MAF, and the Maryland Family Planning Program).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area preferred.
- Relevant experience providing services to pregnant women and/or infants, preferably in a public health/community
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint (365).
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet a demanding workload
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills required
- Problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and respond to customers and employees. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk 3 blocks or more and sit for prolonged periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SAFETY & HEALTH RESPONSIBILITIES
HCAM is committed to providing and maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment for all employees, clientsserved, volunteers and visitors. As part of this commitment, HCAM has developed safety, security and occupational health policies, practices, and standards.
With this understanding, all employees are required to: Adhere to all local, state and federal safety and environmental codes, ordinances, standards and laws; adhere to all HCAM and local safety plans, policies, practices and standards; be aware of and follow all safety rules of your work site; report any unsafe conditions or accidents to your supervisor; practice standard precautions (formerly universal precautions) at all times, and; participate in mandatory or available safety training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to both indoor and outdoor conditions. The employee will be subject to noise