Recovery Care Coordinator
Job Title: Recovery Care Coordinator, RCS Pregnant/PostPartum Program
Reports To: Deputy Director, Recovery Care Services
The Recovery Care Coordinator provides case management services to pregnant and postpartum clients in various stages of substance use and recovery.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Outreach efforts are made to identify and engage potentially eligible clients.
- Case load of up to 30 pregnant and post-partum women who have a substance use disorder.
- Develop a coordinated Recovery Plan for pregnant/postpartum women, inclusive of the client’s child and family
- Assist clients with navigating the treatment services and recovery supports, including: substance use treatment, mental health treatment, primary care, benefits applications, education, employment, etc.
- Participate in meetings and initiatives in Baltimore City and the state related to this project.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Motivate clients to engage, stay engaged, re-engage outpatient substance use treatment.
- Clients are eligible and encouraged to receive services for up to one year after the birth of their child.
- Enroll uninsured clients into available health insurance programs; assist them in choosing an MCO and identifying a primary medical provider.
- Act as a Coordinated Access navigator for eligible clients experiencing homelessness and assist with housing assistance programs, property searches, and issues affecting housing stability
- Initiate and maintain relationships with community service providers related to this project.
- Document on internal and state database all contacts, with clients and/or providers.
- Consistently achieve productivity goal and performance measures established for program and position
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensures
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field required, Master’s level preferred
- Experience providing case management services
- Experience working with clients with substance use challenges
- Maryland Insurance Certified Application Counselor (must complete within 6 mo. of hire)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint (365).
- Detail oriented to complete requirements of files and contract compliance.
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative in approaching complex cases
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills required
- Proven ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and respond to customers and employees. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SAFETY & HEALTH RESPONSIBILITIES
HCAM is committed to providing and maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment for all employees, clientsserved, volunteers and visitors. As part of this commitment, HCAM has developed safety, security and occupational health policies, practices, and standards.
With this understanding, all employees are required to: Adhere to all local, state and federal safety and environmental codes, ordinances, standards and laws; adhere to all HCAM and local safety plans, policies, practices and standards; be aware of and follow all safety rules of your work site; report any unsafe conditions or accidents to your supervisor; practice standard precautions (formerly universal precautions) at all times, and; participate in mandatory or available safety training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to both indoor and outdoor conditions. The employee will be subject to noise.