Registered Nurse Medical Case Manager (Pregnant/Parenting)
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Coordinate holistic healthcare for children and youth in MATCH program by partnering with the foster parents, child welfare caseworkers, biological parents, managed care organizations, and healthcare providers.
- Assure the healthcare needs of youth in foster care who are pregnant and/or parenting are being met in a timely manner with a minimum of monthly follow up during the prenatal period
- Identify youth at risk for pregnancy related complications, parenting difficulties, and monitor closely.
- Attend Case Assignment meetings
- Assign New Entrant cases
- Provide resources and education to youth and caregivers to maintain wellness
- Complete home visits as necessary to assess youth’s health needs and provide education to the youth and caregivers
- Assist foster care families with navigating the HealthChoice system in establishing a medical home for youth in the BCDSS foster care system
- Prioritize care and contacts based on urgency- including ability to multi-task with accuracy
- Document case management assessments, activity, treatment plans and resolutions in CHESSIE and the MATCH database.
- Participate in Family Involvement Meetings as required
- Participate in staff, community, professional and inter-agency meetings and conferences.
- Other job duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college/university
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland.
- A minimum of one year related experience working with pregnant/parenting adolescents
- Relevant clinical experience providing services to families and children, preferably in a public health/community setting.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal & communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Computer literate specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Physical Requirements: The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Ambulate 3 blocks or more
- Key data
- Sit for extended periods
- Lift at least 15 lbs.
Interested candidates can apply by visiting: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4030141