|The primary responsibilities of this position are
- Responsible for oversight of the outreach and health insurance eligibility components, including re-determination to ensure uninterrupted coverage.
- Provide case management services providing extensive wrap around services to assist Baltimore City residents who receive buprenorphine services at BHSB-funded BBI sites and continuing care physician sites.
- Facilitate the transfer of care between health care providers in the community
- Provide patients with assistance to access other community resources
- Communicate with Medicaid and Managed Care Organizations (MCO’s), the State Medicaid Office, Health Insurance Exchange, key social service agencies and other related health and social service entities.
- Maintain thorough electronic records of all client and provider interactions
- · Make appropriate referrals to ancillary services
- Education/Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience with substance abuse population/programs preferred
- Good organizational skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative in approaching complex cases
- Computer literate specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with others
- Ambulate 3 blocks or more
- Key data
- Sit for extended periods
- Lift at least 15 lbs.
- The ideal candidate must be able to: