HCAM’s Behavioral Health Outreach Program (BHOP) takes a person-centered approach to connecting people to services and supporting their recovery. BHOP’s service orientation breaks down the traditional way of viewing substance use disorders, trauma, mental illness, and homelessness as unrelated conditions typically dealt with separately. Instead, BHOP partners with individuals to strengthen their self-determination by linking them to a full range of supports and treatments that promote their overall health and wellness.
Read more about BHOP activities:
- Baltimore Buprenorphine Initiative — Helping people with opioid addictions reach their fullest potential
- Behavioral Health Information and Referral Line — Offering information to callers and directly connecting people to mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Eviction Prevention and Rapid Rehousing — Helping to make homelessness rare and brief
- Homeless Services — Reaching out to our homeless neighbors with links to housing resources and support services
- Operation Care — Partnering with the Baltimore City Fire Department to reduce non-medical emergency calls to 911 by connecting people to individualized support
- Recovery Care Services — Connecting people in treatment to the resources they need to complete their programs